I was one of those people who wanted to lose weight for the new year. Well I must have worked out for a week or maybe 2 weeks and it was over. I started again last week for Lent, hoping to work out for the next 40 days. I have been working out for the last 6 days and plan to continue. The point is that you can always start again. Stop waiting for an invitation to begin again. So what if it is not Sunday or Monday? March 1st begins on Thursday…now what? is that what you are waiting for? Working out has given me the energy to accomplish other things. Just doing something on your dissertation no matter how small will give you the feeling of accomplishment. Every little thing counts.
- Have you created your cover page?
- Have you downloaded the template?
- Have you created some tables?
- Have you written a paragraph about each table or figure?
- Have you transcribed on interview? so what if you have 50…you can do 1 a day and in 50 days you will be done. If you do zero…in 50 days you will still have 50 to do.
- Have you written the limitation section yet?
- Have you added to your bibliography?
Come on do something!
This weekend I finished my Kindle book project PhD Completion: How to Select a Viable Thesis or Dissertation Topic
February is almost over. A number of you are getting ready for May’s graduation. I know I am looking forward to it. The closer you get to graduation expect it to become more stressful. It’s important during those times to become even more organize. You cannot wait until you wake up to start planning your day. At the end of the night or day, take time to plan your next day’s schedule. Everyday when you get to the office or where ever you will be working you should already know what you will be doing. Set some goals for the day. Tomorrow my goals to accomplish before midnight is to:
(1) contact by phone some people to make sure that they have submitted a survey at the end of the day.
(2) find a routing number from a bank
(3) upload a file and finish out a book project
(4) finish some grading
(5) Work out
I know that if I get these 5 things done tomorrow; I will feel like I have accomplished something.
What are your goals for today will make you feel like you have accomplished something today?